Last Updated on August 19, 2020 by admin
Punishments are always meted out to the webmaster. There are minor acts on the web on which he always has to work! That means webmasters lack peacefulness in their lives and hence they should always keep in check whether their websites are working healthily or not.
The punishment is carried out when your SSL certificate expires! It’s the job of the webmaster to keep checking whether the SSL Certificates are working efficiently or not.
Hence the expiration is really a retributive type of punishment. The expiration objective is to deter the working of those certificates after a particular date. This very concept urges the webmaster to keep the certificates under maintenance.
These certificates are commonly known as the X509 Public key Certificates. When the expiration date reaches, they stop sending and receiving data through the Secure Sockets Layer. Visitors are thereby shown a security warning. Hire an expert who has a good idea about these certificates and he will surely warn you when they reach their expiration date.
Well, this solution is not conformity to what your personality stands for. So I know that you are a hard-working lad and her hence planning to jot down the expiration dates of these certificates on a whiteboard.
SSL CERTIFICATES are a temple of monitoring and period check of their expiration dates. You need to acquire more and more knowledge once you adopt it. That’s because you will definitely not want your site to be blocked without your notice. Why also allow bad guys to practice malware attacks on your website?
Its high time now you learn about certificate monitoring.
Follow the chain of rules as per the chain of trust
If you want to avoid immediate retribution, it’s better to comply with the fact that your SSL Certificate should be traceable back to the trusted root. Thus look forward to the trusted root where you signed off. Be happy in linking it to a trusted certificate authority. The main objectives of a chain of trust are
The root certificate- The CA owns it. It has a trust store to keep it in.
The intermediate certificate- These certificates are kept between the root certificate and the server certificate. Hence it’s a good middleman to be trusted. Always ensure that the trust chain has at least one intermediate certificate.
The server certificate- The trust chain has a specific domain. The role of the specific domain is to issue that server certificate.
The SSL CERTIFICATE inhibits a bundle in addition to clouding an intermediate root certificate. Thus when someone curtails his natural urge of arriving at your website, his browser experiments your certificates by downloading it and as per its learning, it dampens the trust chain back to the trusted root. That’s why it is recommended to upgrade your SSL certificate, for if the browser can’t follow the chain, your website’s visitor is warned about a possible security threat.
This leads your certificate’s chain of trust to cause errors. That’s because the error misses out the task of an important configuration. Some of the issues you must be aware of are
An untrusted CA should not issue your certificate.
Your intermediate certificates should be correctly installed.
Your server must configure with the SSL Certificate.
Learn these issues and you are definitely good to go with the certificate monitoring tools.
However, certain CERTIFICATE MONITORING TOOLS lessen down your work of frequently monitoring your SSL Certificates. They are as follows-
1. Oh, Dear- Oh Dear is committed to just more than a domain certificate. This platform lurkingly performs complete validation of your certificates. It will keep you contended for it checks all your intermediate certificates. Apart from detecting a chain of certificates, a clean reporting company accompanies you and thus has a profound effect on the before and after situation. This service never detests the search for old ShA-1 or revoked or distrusted root certificate. Thus the site is never dropped out of its availability.
2. Sucuri- Sucuri is another platform that offers certificate monitoring services. It will scan your website for all possible malware detection.
On the anti-agent detection, it immediately sends you an alert message so that you can take the necessary steps. For more advanced formula, go for its complete malware detection set, it comes at a nominal fee of $199.9 per year. The wide range of tasks that it provides is
3. HTTPS COP- Crumb never goes off the desire to help you acquire a certificate expiry alert free service. He has chosen this type of profession because he wants to make the Web more a more secure place. We also hear instances of the publicity of HTTPS Cop because it offers a complete set of tools for checking all types of problems that your website’s SSL Certificate is facing. The steps are easy for getting the free service
Type in your website’s URL
Your Email Address
Do the same thing with as many sites you want
You get notified two weeks before your certificate expires!
4. Rapid Strike-This is another certificate monitoring tool that keeps you notified of all significant news of your SSL Certificates. The tool is preferably the best because it regularly checks the expiry date of your certificate. You get notified about your expiring certificate 30 days before the count. You can choose either way of being notified weekly or regularly. The notifications then stop when you install a new SSL Certificate. Your website is then promoted an additional level of security through its user interface which supports all kinds of domains. The primary plan comes at £40 per month.
5. Keychest- It all results in digital certificates. This service affects your email through its weekly reports which by time turn into dashboard summaries. This is applicable for all your certificates and it externally ones the discovery of new certificates. Its global database is highly confident with renewal automation in third party CAs. In addition to all these features, it also got the Let’s Encrypt management. Its purchasing process involves 4 steps such as CSR generation, Linux Downloader, and automation renewals.
6. Updown- Its totally an inexpensive website and thus comes in a simple format. Set up this service and you can go for worry-free e-commerce for it alerts you in case of invalid certificates. You only pay for what you use are devoid of monthly or yearly fees. You are alerted by the following means
7. CertsMonitor- They fix all the problems in your certificates before they make any negative contribution to your website-INSECURE CONNECTION. Thus it prevents misfit among your visitors. The Service is therefore keeping a tap on your LetsEncruptcron, for which is required, it fixes the problems. It’s quite encouraging at keeping a glance over your domain certificate’s configuration. The cost is also very minimal-$29 for 30 domains.
8. Certificate Expiry Monitor- Its an open-source utility exposing the expiry date of your SSL Certificate. It goes for Prometheus Metrics also besides the fact it has its own tools. Utility builts on a Docker Image and a Kubernetes Cluster.
9. Let’s MONITOR- Let’s Monitor alerts you for free whenever your certificate is not working. The application sends alert inboxes to a number of contacts or email. Uptime performance is a major factor in performance and data stays totally encrypted. Its globally distributed servers feature assures worldwide access to secure websites.
10. tracks- It checks your SSL Certificates for common errors, just create an account and add all certificates through the web interface. Upto 20 domains, you pay $12.
11. SSL Certification Checker- Its features are as follows
Runs from cron
Sends warning either through email or Nagios
The utility can be viewed with several options such as “h”.
DEAR VISITOR, TRY REMOVING THE EXPIRED CERTIFICATES AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE. THE CONSEQUENCES OF A CARELESS BEHAVIOR WILL FETCH YOU A GREAT LOSS.