Buy OV SSL Certificate from Leading Brands
Before getting any SSL Certificate, you need to know that not every business need the same level of protection. Some websites provide only information and facts and never deal with any sensitive information. This doesn’t mean that these websites should not use SSL Certificate. Here you can use a basic or standard SSL Certificate.
For any website that store sensitive information, personal detail or any online transactions, a higher level of protection is required to increase security and trust. An Organization Validation (OV) SSL Certificate is the best solution for these types of website that contain the verified name of the entity. A Certificate Authority checks the official name of the organization and physical presence through third party.
When to Use OV SSL Certificates?
An OV SSL Certificate should use where users put their sensitive information such as credit card, password, email etc. An Ecommerce website, large business or organization sites must use OV SSL Certificate to improve website security and trust.
You should consider about switching from a DV certificate to an OV certificate, if:
1. You need to protect sensitive user data
2. You want to display your company name on a certificate (provides more trust amongst users)
3. You are planning to expand the business and grow it to a new level
4. You want people to know that the site is a legitimate organization, and not a phishing site
Cheap OV SSL Certificate Providers 2022
The SSL certificate which provides high assurance of encryption and protection is known as Organization Validated (OV) SSL certificate. This certificate helps to validate company, business, or organization websites. OV SSL certificate’s primary function is providing protection and encryption to the websites and information of the users that are present on the website. The organization of the business owner needs to be validated before sent a request for the issuance of an SSL certificate. The third-party attacks can be secured by an OV SSL certificate. It provides 256-bit encryption to the websites and comes with a 2048-bit signature. The site seal is given by the Certificate Authority (CA) on which organization name is mentioned. The site seal is considered a trust indicator that ensures the confidentiality of the data.
Issuance Process of OV SSL Certificate
The certificate authority (CA) will issue the OV SSL certificate so the purchaser needs to submit all the required business documents to the CA. A list of the documents will be provided by the CA. If all the documents seem perfect to the CA, then the certificate issuance request is approved and the certificate is issued by the CA. The domain ownership of the business organization is verified by the CA before any document verification. There are several ways that CA can use for domain verification such as email verification, file-based verification, or domain registrar’s information (it should be public). The process of verification and certificate issuance may take 2-3 business days. The documents which CA can ask for verification are:
– Attestation letter approved by CA
– Legal existence record
– Ban statement
– Legal government license
– Incorporation article
– Third-party database list
– Letter of issuer’s relation with the organization
After the issuance of the OV SSL certificate and website installation, a padlock sign and HTTPS will be displayed in the address bar of the website which is visible to the visitors.
Key Features of OV SSL Certificate
Several features of the Organization Validated (OV) SSL certificate is mentioned below:
– Authenticated organization details are present.
– Future proof SSL certificate with a 2048-bit signature.
– Provide strong encryption of 256-bit with SHA-2 signed certificates.
– Two domains are secured by a single OV SSL certificate named www and non-www.
– Compatible with 99.9% web and mobile browsers.
– Reissuance and unlimited server license.
Who Should Buy OV SSL Certificate?
People who are running online business websites and collect data of the users should buy an OV SSL certificate. It is highly recommended for social media platforms, banking sites, Facebook and apps, Google Chrome, Firefox Add-ons, etc. This certificate will provide high security to these sites. Wildcard SSL and Multi-domain SSL certificates are provided and featured in the OV SSL certificate. Multi-domain OV SSL certificate helps to secure approx. 100 domains whereas wildcard OV SSL certificate helps to secure unlimited sub-domains.
OV SSL Vs. DV SSL
1. The ownership is not legitimate by the DV (Domain Validation) SSL certificate whereas ownership is authenticated by the OV SSL certificate.
2. The verification of the DV SSL certificate takes few minutes whereas verification of the OV SSL certificate takes 2-3 business days.
OV SSL Vs. EV SSL
1. Documents required in EV (Extended Validation) SSL certificate is more whereas documents required in OV SSL certificate is less.
2. An EV SSL certificate provides more encryption and protection as compared to an OV SSL certificate.
3. OV SSL certificate is less expensive whereas an EV SSL certificate is more expensive.