DV SSL Providers
An SSL Certificate is necessary to protect a website. If you want your website to have HTTPS sign in the browser, you will need to install an SSL Certificate. A domain validated SSL Certificate is best solution when you want to turn just HTTPS on a tight budget. The certificate can be issued within minutes with paperless validation process. Usually, a DV SSL certificates are often offered at less price.
However, just as there is no one-size-fits-all when it comes to website security needs, An SSL Certificate provider have diverse types of knowledge, ranging from security to support. Choosing the right vendor involves recognizing where your greatest cybersecurity requirements are and finding the best fit.
Amazing Benefits of Domain Validated SSL
- Fastest Issuance Certificate
- Wide Coverage Usage
- No Paper Work
- Simple Validation Process
- Ideal for Internal Web & Application Server
- Highly visible site seal
- Includes warranty & unlimited reissuance
Methods of Domain Control Validation
- eMail-based DCV
- DNS CNAME-based
- HTTP(S)-based DCV
Cheap Domain Validation (DV) SSL Certificate Providers 2019
What is DV SSL Certificate?
With Google making SSL compulsory for websites, everyone is in hurry to have one. While some know what an SSL is and what are the varied options available, there are few who are nascent and do not know where to start. Let’s understand what a DV SSL Certificate is and how beneficial it is for bloggers and static websites.
Domain Validated SSL Certificate also known as Standard SSL requires authentication of Domain’s ownership and promises to leverage safe transfer of data between websites and visitors. DV SSL is perhaps the most popular certificate because it is easy to install, authenticate and serves the purpose for bloggers, small businesses and government organisations.
Some of the important points about DV SSL Certificates are:
- They are issued instantly and caters to quality encryption needs
- A DV SSL does not carry any information about the company, its location or operations
- Standard SSL can only be used on Home Page, Blog, About and Other static pages. For payment pages, webmasters need to apply for Extended Validation aka EV SSL.
- Changes your domain from HTTP to HTTPS
- Secures all communication between browser and server.
- Can be verified with the help of email verification, DNS based authentication and File Based authentication.
When not to use a DV SSL Certificate?
Well, no matter how good or best domain validated SSL certificate you own, you simply cannot use this on few specified instances. DV SSL certificates do not carry any authentic information about company, its location or operation, which makes it not fit for use on login pages, financial operative pages and on pages where deals are finalized. Also using a DV SSL verified for xyz site on abc site is not allowed. Every site needs to have its own approved SSL certificate.
Let’s have a look at the varied best Domain Validated SSL Providers:
- SSL.com’s Basic SSL: One of the best SSL providers, SSL.com’s plan starts as low as $49 per year. This SSL provider allows webmasters to purchase SSL for 2 years simultaneously and save big.
Some of the benefits of gettingSSL from SSL.com:
- Issued within minutes
- Single domain security includes WWW.
- One needs to verify through Domain Validation
- Friendly with 99% of the browsers
- 24X7 support allows webmasters to receive reissued certificates with great ease
- Geo Trust: Perhaps the best domain validation SSL certificate provider, Geo Trust is trusted by millions of people from around the world. One can receive this certificate within minutes of application and get started with the safe browsing.
- Starts as low as $149
- One can buy SSL from Geo Trust for 2 years in max
- Requires Domain Validation
- With full refund option within 30 days in case of non-satisfaction
- Has an operative 24X7 support to help people with reissue of certificate and handling of complains
- Comodo: One of the most common and high rated SSL certificate provider, Comodo is affordable, reliable and highly secure for websites of all kind.
- Starts as low as $7.99 for DV SSL
- One can ask for reissuance multiple times during the validity period
- 24X7 customer support to assist users
- With a 99% browser friendly rating, COMODO is one of the best contemporary SSL providers.
- Provides a warranty of 10,000 USD against data breach
The best DV SSL Certificate should have a few attributes like free reissuance, impressive customer support, low pricing and high browser friendly rating. Any SSL provider that matches the listed attributes is good for your website. Make sure you move to Extended Validation SSL Certificates as soon as you start seeking login details from visitors or as soon as you install payment gateway for better security.