The Internal name is referred to as the domain or IP address which is a part of a private network. There are some examples of Internal name which is as follows –
STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO CHOOSING AN SSL CERTIFICATE
There are some steps for choosing an SSL certificate which is as follows: –
Step – 1: Domain Registered
Firstly, you need to register for a domain to obtain a publicly trusted SSL certificate. The organizations that issue certificates need to verify domain ownership. The domain registration is an important step on public site.
Step – 2: Trust level
The SSL certificate offers the security and safety of your data. The SSL certificate encrypts your information. There are 3 main trust levels of SSL certificate named Extended Validation (EV), Organization Validated (OV) and Domain Validated (DV). The SSL certificate maintains a high trust level in your customers as they are also able to identify that the information which is observing is secure and original.
Step – 3: No. of Domains need to protect your certificate
The no. of Domains that you need to protect your certificate is dependent upon the no. of information which you want to be protected. The Single or Standard domain is enough to secure single information. Multiple domains secure your multiple information and multiple domain names.
INTRANET SSL FEATURES
– Secure RSA 2048 bit and ECC 256 bit
– Flexible signing algorithm
– In the valid time period, reissue as many times as needed
– Secures up to 100 SANs
– Instant insurance
– Support for longer validity period
– Install as many servers as you can
USES OF INTRANET SSL CERTIFICATE
Intranet SSL helps in the issuing of SSL certificate by providing Internal server names and registered IP address.
– Internal server names
– Local host names
– Reserved IP address
– Fully Qualified domain name
– Global IP address
HOW TO REPLACE YOUR INTERNAL NAME CERTIFICATES?
The Internal connections must have a publicly trusted certificates, IP address and names. These need to be registered and verified.
– Check for Internal names: First, you need to verify your internal names which you are using. Check the network and find the internal names from the environment like servers, firewalls, etc., and begin for replacing the internal names. Then go to the internal name certificate page in your account of SSL certificate.
– Select publicly registered domain: First, choose which publicly registered domain name you want to select for your internal certificate. Also, you can use existing publicly registered domain name.
– Use internal name tracker: For replacing the internal name of your certificate uses the internal name tracker for reissuing your certificate.
– Install reissued certificate: After selecting the right name of your internal name certificate, install your reissued certificate on your server.
– Reconfigure servers and environments: Then reconfigure your server means to check your replaced internal name of certificates for future blog posts. After that reconfigure your environment parts so that internal names are no longer required.
– Test SSL certificate installation: The end step is to test your website and check your internal name certificates installation correctly.
OPTIONS FOR INTRANET SSL CERTIFICATE
There are two types of formats which are available for intranet SSL certificate.
Premium certificate – It gives extended warranty, lighter and faster.
Standard certificate – gives only RSA and DSA algorithms only.
INTRANET SSL CERTIFICATE FOR NON-PUBLIC CA
The Intranet SSL certificate must comply with the CA/browser forum baseline requirements. This will let you continue using your internal name SSL certificate with reserved IP address. This will secure your internal SSL certificate names which need to be private always. It also provides you different options for issuing your intranet SSL certificate internal name on your server.
SSL CERTIFICATE LIFECYCLE ELEMENTS
There are different SSL certificate lifecycle elements which is as follows –
Enroll – To enroll for SSL certificate complete SSL application properly.
Approve – For approval of SSL certificate, interface with the independent CA.
Issue – After issuing the SSL certificate, purchaser install the certificate.
Reject –If the purchaser will not fill proper application of SSL certificate, then this will reject your application.
Revoke – Immediate revocation of your certificate.
Renew – For renew your SSL certificate, ensure CA will renew your SSL certificate.
BENEFITS OF USING INTRANETSSL
– While continue using Intranet SSL certificate there is no need to use self-signed certificates.
– This will secure your domain name and servers.
– Secure your internal SSL certificate names from the websites which are not public trusted.
CREATE SELF SIGNED SSL CERTIFICATE
– Go to the IIS (Internet information service) manager site.
– Click on the start menu and go to administrative tool.
– Select the name of the server from the connections column.
– Click on the create a self-signed certificate.
– Enter any name which you want and click OK.
– Now your self-signed IIS SSL certificate is created.
– This certificate is valid for up to 1 year.
EXAMPLES OF INTERNAL NAMES
There are some examples of server names which are non-public domain –
RIGHT SSL VENDOR
DigiCert is the website which is providing the SSL certificate and management tools over many decades. It will also provide extended validation of the SSL certificate. The DigiCert also provides the alternate names of SSL certificates. This will give you many encryption options of SSL certificate, create a digital certificate. DigiCert is the award-winning technical support company.
DISADVANTAGES OF SELF-SIGNED CERTIFICATE
– The websites will contain less business volume and this will avoid visit your website by customers.
– If the website is not encrypted, then this will allow attackers to take advantage of the information present on the website.
– Difficulty in monitoring the SSL certificate and renew and expiration of SSL certificate.
– Some SSL certificates provide on low price but are not so much encrypted your information and attackers will steal the information.
– Self-signed certificate does not have the warranty.
– The self-signed certificate is not properly authorized and not able to authenticate easily.