ERR_CERT_REVOKED is a very serious error of Chrome and cannot be ignored. This error is not from the client-side rather it is the error that id fixed by the website owner or manager. If you are not a website owner, then don’t try to bypass this error rather, it will be better to contact the website owner. The website owner, details the error message that you are receiving, access to the webpage, and article link.
Before discussing the solution of the error, let’s first discuss what the exact meaning of this error is. In almost all cases, this error is caused by the website side. The visitors of the website who are receiving this do not need to be concern about the issue in their system as this error is from the website side and not from the user side.
The visitors cannot solve the error and they have the choice of directly leave the website or ignore the error. If the user chooses to continue with the website, ignoring the error, he/she must not transfer any critical details, which might lead to cybersecurity threats.
What causes an ERR_CERT_REVOKED message?
When the SSL certificate is revoked by the Certificate Authority that issued it then the problem of error is caused. There so a number of reasons due to which this may happens:
– May be requested by the website
– Mis-issuance of the certificate recognized by CA
– Key may have been compromised
The visitor should leave the website if this error appears as it is a very serious error and hacks all the user’s sensitive information.
If the website owner sees this error message, which means your SSL certificate is revoked. This does mean that you cannot fix it. There are ways of fixing this error as a website owner.
– If you did not request the revocation of your certificate, contact the SSL certificate authority to determine the cause.
– Purchase and install a new SSL certificate for your website.
This is a global error and every single person visiting your website gets this error so it’s better to install a new SSL certificate. This will solve the immediate and other solutions that may take much more time.
Quick issue of new SSL certificate
If you are using a business authentication SSL certificate such as OV or EV then for getting your website back up quickly you should opt for a DV certificate. The DV SSL certificate will take only 5 minutes or less for validation and issuance.
This is a temporary process so that your website can get back to working again. After this, you should apply for OV or EV SSL certificate so that you can install it later as it has been a long process.
The website visitor is facing this error then the first thing you should do is contact the website owner and inform them about the error. This error will only be resolved when the website owner acts upon it. There are some temporary methods that the website visitor can use for working on the website.
– Set the correct date and time: The main issue from the website visitor side is the incorrect date and time settings. The user should make sure that their system is updated with date and timings. The update of the date and timings of your system may solve this error.
– Bypass certificate revocation warnings: Click on the internet options and a box of internet properties open. Go to the advanced tab and scroll down the security. This step is not recommended as this may lead to serious cyber-attacks and all your information may have hacked.
The main reason the NET:: ERR_CERT_REVOKED error is from the website side and not from the visitor side. It can be solved by using the various methods discussed above. If the user ignores this error, then it may become a serious cyber threat for them as it may hack the information that the user fills on the website. It is recommended not to ignore this error and leave the website right away.
Similar Google Chrome Errors and Solutions